With all of my ELA Common Core stuff going on — it only dawned on me late last week that I ALSO needed the unit plans for Social Studies [aligned with Essential Standards]
Here’s what cracks me up:
Both units are 25 days long with 3 tasks and 1 engaging scenario.
- ELA unit: 27 pages long
- S.S. unit: 6 pages long
ELA teachers. We like to talk. Oh, and write.
Now to read and make sense of this — ahem, “concise” unit plan.
- imhummingbird likes this
- iheartarteducation likes this
- as-fine-as-dandelions likes this
- lostweightgainedlove likes this
- alissainphilly said: These are the two subjects I teach. And that is exactly how long my units are. I just get on ELA and can go on forever! Hope you’re having a week!
- dembangs likes this
- in-backyards likes this
- tomesaway said: Do you have to follow the unit plans to the letter, or is there wiggle/individual creativity room? Is everyone in lockstep, or is the timing a little more free?
- ohmuffins posted this